Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Dynastic Novelists

I was just trawling through some of the news sites I use to find out about current writing news when I stumbled across, not literally I don't use stumbleupon, this wonderful little article about Stephen King's family.  The article talks about how the King family grew up in an environment of writing and how it has defined their family dynamics. Personally, I really love the part where they talk about when the children were growing up they were told to tell their parents stories before bed instead of the other way around. This dynamic instilled a love of story telling and imagination in them at a very young age and has led to many of them becoming world class writers. King's wife is a successful writer with 8 novels to her name and their children have many novels of their own with some of them receiving best seller accolades and a substantial fan base. I believe that this is a prime example of a household raised in literature and thriving from it. (though I wouldn't suggest asking your children to record The Raven for you while they're still quite young as King did)

No comments:

Post a Comment